Monday, April 27, 2009

The Beginning!

Well I guess I should start out by telling how "real love stories have no endings" came about! I work at this place part time called Lite Um Up Cigar Lounge. It is across from my apartment complex, I started working there at the end of June beginning of July 2008. I love it, it is a great place with great people that come to sit down enjoy themselves, smoke a cigar and have a drink! My boss Tom had been telling me that there was this guy that he wanted me to meet. I kind of ignored him and thought 'yeah, yeah, another guy...yuk'. Tom talked about what a great guy he was, a lot of fun, a good hard worker and that he was of course in the Army ( the only thing going through my head was "great, what will my dad think about this").

Then, around the end of August there was a big event at work, it was a Saturday afternoon and it was my first one, this whole thing was a new experience for me. Later that evening my parents and some of their friends came in to visit, I was sitting down talking with my Mom for a few minutes to give my feet a break when in walks these 3 younger looking guys…my Mom hits me on the leg and says, "who are those guys?" Of course I had no clue or who I was about to be introduced to :) As the night went on we were talking. I was serving them, and they told me that they were in the Army, and had worked with Tom at Ft. Jackson. They all seemed like really nice guys, and one of them in particular was pretty easy on the eyes too... I distinctly remember standing at the sink washing some glasses when Tom walked up behind me and said “that is Fritz…the guy I was telling you about.” (no way...)

Now as I was serving Fritz, Richard and Wade, I became more interested in what they were talking about and trying to see what this Fritz guy was all about. He seemed to be a fun, good guy just as Tom had described him. Before I knew it, it was time to close and everyone was leaving so that we could clean and lock up. As Fritz and his friends were leaving, Fritz said “you should come meet us at Bar Louie”. I decided that I had nothing to lose, and said “Sure…I will meet you guys there but I need to go home and change first.” He asked me if I was just saying that or was really going to come, I said "yes I will be there but it will be a little bit".

So when I left work I called a few people and asked them to come meet me out…Bethany, and my parents said they would come later. I got changed, I wanted to look good, just in case...and went to Bar Louie's to meet up with Tom and the guys. From the look on Fritz’s face when I walked in the door he was shocked that I really came :) After having a great time with him and his friends the night was over, but before we all left he told me that I at least owed him a real date. Again, I was thinking, " yeah okay sure" (he already seemed to good to be true). Monday night I gave in and I agreed to go to dinner with him on a real date! Everything was amazing, good convo, no weird silence or anything so I was thinking that this was all looking pretty good! As the days went on we were talking everyday, meeting and going out to dinner, he came into the lounge and hung out whenever I was working, and on our days off we would lay out at the pool. We quickly became inseparable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background