Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
TTU-HSC EL Paso
Finally! After a applying to Texas Tech School of Medicine for a job similar to what I did at USC SOM hearing back from them a month later, getting an interview in November (the week of Thanksgiving) and getting offered the job December 16th (the day I flew back to El Paso) I have finally started my NEW JOB on January 11, 2010. What a great way to start the New Year with a new job! Everything has been going great so far. I love the people that I work with and the job that I am doing. My title is Unit Coordinator but what I actully am doing is working in the Office of Curriculum, Evaluation and Accreditation as the 3rd and 4th year coordinator. Texas Tech was originally just a 3rd and 4th year medical school. This past year they were accredited to be a full 1-4 year medical school, so they created a new curriculum for the 1st and 2nd year students. So my job now is to help make the new curriculum for the 3rd and 4th year students to follow the 1st and 2nd year students, I will not have any students for another year. So at times things are slow but I am truly enjoying every bit of it.
Below is a little bit of history on our campus and a view from my office in the Medical Education Building looking over to the Health Science Center.
El Intercambio (The Interchange) is the central campus pedestrian mall and public art centerpiece of the Paul L. Foster SOM located at the Texas Tech Health Sciences Center campus in El Paso, TX. Hodges collaborated with artist Larry Kirkland in the design of the mall.
The central green space links research and academic facilities, providing a unique experience at the core of the new campus.
On either side of the mall large sunken gardens offer ample green space for frisbee, lounging outdoors and serve as stormwater detention ponds. Rainwater is directed from the buildings and parking lots into these areas where it ponds temporarily before infiltrating into the sandy soils of the Rio Grande valley. This project was selected for the "Award of Excellence" by Public Art Network - Year in Review 2009.
I am also right on the boarder of Mexico so from the kitchen 4 offices down the hall this is what I see....






Congratulations on the new job!! :)
ReplyDeletecongratulations! what a beautiful campus! is your husband in 3-1? because I'm now working in the brigade headquarters. just curious!
ReplyDelete