Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Long over due!

Alright, so I know it has been a LONG time since I have updated my blog and a lot has happened since I moved to El Paso, TX with my amazing husband.

When I first got here the weather was still really nice so on the weekends we did a lot of hiking and rock climbing in the mountains that surround us. A few of the places that we have hiked are the Franklin Mts., Aztec Mts., & Ron Coleman Trail. It was a very new adventure for me, not only was it a great work out but the altitude change kicks your butt and it is not anything that I can describe to you and you will understand...you just have to come visit us in El Paso and see for yourself :)



Sunset at the Franklin Mts. You can see the Rio

Grande, Mexico, New Mexico and Texas!





pic above was at the top of the Franklin Mts. before the sunset...right pic was pretty scary but I LOVED it!



October was Fritz birthday so I had a little bit of surprise party/get together for him :) I had some of our friends meet us at Olive Garden for dinner then over to our apt. for desert....a 4 layer chocolate peanut butter cream cheese cake!



On the way home from dinner............................the cake!!!!

Also, in October we went to a Winery in New Mexico for a fall fest, and it was a BLAST. They had of course wine tasting, crafts and live music. They had an area set up with rides for the kids…but Fritz and Putnam decided that they wanted to go on the ride the spins your around and around after a GOOD bit of wine. The guy running the ride thought it would be fun too, and the little kids around us watching yelled “puke, puke, puke!” oh boys. We had such a great time that we are looking forward to the next event that they host. My 2 favorite things there were the wine margaritas and the great dip mixes that we got.



Well my sweet hubby worked a 31 hour shift yesterday and has been sleeping all day today, so I am going to make him a nice dinner before our work out.

P.S. I promise I will not wait 3 months to update everyone :) more to come later today/tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background