Training for what you might ask?
The El Paso Spira 1/2 Marathon and yes my first running race EVER! My Husband is and has always been a runner and since the day we met has been getting me into running. He did a great job of it when we lived in Columbia, SC but getting back into it here in El Paso, TX has been challenging to say the least.
I have always enjoyed taking part in such things as Breast Cancer Walks and Walks that help raise awareness. A dear friend of the family has been going through a very hard time dealing with and overcoming Breast Cancer. In October I found out information for the El Paso Breast Cancer Walk and got a team together and we walked as did my Mom in Columbia in honor of Deneen. My Amazing Mother found out about the only Breast Cancer Marathon, it's in Jacksonville, FL. That will be happening on Sunday, February 21st and she has taken on the challenge herself to run her first ever Marathon as. She has definitely inspired me to set a goal such as running a 1/2 marathon and going for it. The one that I will be taking part in with the support of my Husband running by my side is sponsored by Michelob Ultra on March 7th. I am doing it for me and for my Birthday! There are a few people in my life also taking on such challenges, it is great to push yourself (and eachother) to try new things!
My upcoming run/walks:
1. February 21st Race for the Cure 5k
2. March 7th El Paso 1/2 Marathon
3. April 30th Relay for Life
I challenge all of my followers to find something in your area to participate in that you have never done before! You will be surprised at the number of walks/runs that happen all around you each weekend. It is also a great way to find out more about yourself and the things you enjoy outside of your norm.




I'm so jealous!! Wish I had the ambition/babysitter to go do some runs around here! I really want to do that. Maybe I'll see if there is one coming up near me that is not on a saturday! hee hee
ReplyDeleteWow! Seems like everyone is running marathons these days! I admire you! I'll be doing the walk on Sunday, so maybe I'll see you there. It's cool that your hubby is in 3-1. You must know Mrs. Jacobi very well. She's pretty cool. Maybe I'll get to meet you one of these days!
ReplyDeleteLindsay- you don't need a babysitter to do walks most of them you can bring the stroller and push Cole too!
ReplyDeleteMichelle- Yes I do know Mrs. Jocobi well :)Are you walking with a group or by yourself? I started a team for Apache Troop so we will be walking together,if we pick a place to meet before the walk I will let you know and you are welcome to join us!
Jenn, this is GREAT! We'll have to do some WALKS together when I get there... I admire you, but I'm not so much up for the runs :)
ReplyDeleteOf course, print that poem out and use it however. I can't tell you how many times I've read it now and it makes me smile/feel proud/tear up every single time. It would be great to hand out to new wives!