Friday, February 26, 2010

Military Wives Prayer

I am a very proud Army Wife and Marine Daughter and today I found this little prayer that I would like to share with my many other Military friends :)

Dear Lord,

Give me the greatness of heart to see the difference between duty and his love for me. Give me understanding that I may know; when duty calls him he must go. Give me a task to do each day, to fill the time when he's away. And Lord, when he's in a foreign land, keep him safe in your loving hand. And Lord, when duty is in the field, please protect him and be his shield. And Lord, when deployment is so long, please stay with me and keep me strong.
Amen.

I am surrounded by and was raised by an amazingly STRONG military women, my Mother and I want to say THANK YOU for all of your support and guidance.

Since I got married in September and moved to El Paso, TX,  I realized very fast that the only way to be happy when you move away from ALL of your friends and family is to make new ones! But...the only way I have found to do this is to get involved and step outside of my comfort box/zone. I have become very involved in our FRG (Family Readiness Group) and I LOVE it. Without these people, I would really be having a very hard time right now living in El Paso, so Thank you! So if you are a new military wife or even been a military wife for years, try finding out about your local FRG or Military Wives Group and give it a try, you might just find out that it is a lot more fun than you expected and there are MANY people in the same boat as you!

I want to give a special wish to a few of my friends, stay strong and you can do it! The McKenna Family, The Russell Family, The Venable Family, The Blanchard Family, The Calloway Family and The A'etonus Family along with all of the rest that are currently or in the process of being separated from your loved ones for countless hours, days, weeks and months for a deployment, duty, or training and we know the list goes on!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's a very sweet prayer! Thanks for sharing.

    It's always hard being away from our families, but I've been so blessed to have met some great girls that make all the difference. I love the bond we all have with each other! It really is a special thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for this prayer and for your kind words at the end. Can't tell you how much your support means to me and my family. And you're right....in order to get through this, it's best to get out there, to meet new people and to get involved (in anything fun!). Are you a member of the Fort Bliss OCSA? You should take a look at it. Hope to see you on post this weekend at the Spring Bazaar (Stout Gym)!

    ReplyDelete

background