"A (1/2) marathon is like life with its ups and downs, but once you've done it you feel that you can do anything!"
It was a VERY hilly course but a beautiful day to run. Two of my hubby’s co-workers ran also, and because this was my first time running in a race and something my Husband and I wanted to do together he stayed with me the WHOLE time!! When we hit about the last mile (up hill) both LT. Towle and SSG. Ruiz were waiting for us and cheered me on the rest of the way in. It was great motivation to have all the support of some many people (including my MOM). My goal was to complete it in 3hrs....I did it in 2 hours and 33 min!! I finished 84 out of 111 for the 25-29 yr. old women. Now I am ready to do it again and be more competitive this time :)
Waiting.....to start!
and we are off with SMILES :)
about mile 6ish
crossing the finish line!!
We did it! Seems how it was the Michelob Ultra 1/2 marathon we finished with an ICE COLD BEER!






I think the beer would've made me vomit! Congrats on the time - that is awesome!
ReplyDeleteIt was just the e-gel stuff at mile 11 that made me want to do that :) Thank you!
ReplyDelete