April is Volunteer month here at Fort Bliss, they have had many different lunches, dinners, Martini's & Manicures and the list goes on for anyone who volunteers, I think it is a great way to say Thank you to everyone!! On April 2nd I attend an Operation Homefront event, this was my second one and again it was great...there is one quote that has just stuck with me "Bloom Where You Are Planted"~Mrs. Pittard Commanding General's wife of Fort Bliss
 |
| Mrs. Lucille Pittard |
I feel I have done just that, I was planted here in El Paso, Texas with my amazing Husband in September 2009. I have been "watered" by many different people, organizations’ and functions that has helped me to "bloom" into the wife, friend, daughter, sister and support of my beliefs that I currently am. I want to THANK all of you who have add the extra "water" when I needed it the most!
On Friday I was supposed to tell you all my exciting news and because it never fails that something crazy happens (key broke off in trunk of car and the micro chip has to be next to key to work!) I was unable to tell you Friday drum roll... I was recognized and awarded with 3rd Brigade Volunteer of the Year! I enjoyed a nice lunch and award ceremony. Our quest speaker was Gary Sinese, the LT Dan Band was playing a free concert that evening. Gary is a huge supporter of the USO and Wounded Warriors.
 |
| "LT Dan" |
 |
| After recieving the award! |
 |
| 1-13 CAV Command Team & My Fritz Charming! |
 |
| Gary Sinese! |
How great that you got to meet him and participate!
ReplyDelete