Thursday, January 7, 2010

November

November was a very busy/crazy month, Fritz was sick and out of work for 2 weeks to start it off! Then he has to go out to the field for a week of training the week and they got back the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Our FRG wanted to do something for the guys the morning that they left and the night that they got home. I was at the troop at 2:30AM to serve hot breakfast burritos and it was about 23*!! I know it is dark but it was still the wee hours of the morning right after the buses left.

The night they came home we knew that it was going to be long day/night of turning in weapons, awards and getting everything cleared so we had Hot BBQ sandwiches’ for them while they were doing all of their stuff. Again this picture is dark but it was now late into the night after about 8 hours of being there!



So as many of you may or may not know but I have been trying to find a full-time job here in El Paso before I ever moved here and really had no luck. About 2 weeks after I got here I was out at the mall (I know big surprise :)) and decided to see if the Limited was hiring...and they were so I applied and got hired. I was very excited but that soon ended when every time I was scheduled to work I got called off! Well in the mean time I have still been looking and applying daily for jobs, going to the Army center for employment to help me and was getting NO where until November when I got a call from Texas Tech School of Medicine for an interview a week before Thanksgiving. The interview went great, but it was a little intimidating due to I interviewed with 8 ppl and me! Well at the end of the interview the director told me to be patient due to it was the week before Thanksgiving and they were interviewing for 5 open positions. Sooo now for the waiting game of hearing something, anything back.


Our original plans for Thanksgiving was that my family was going to come to El Paso for our first Thanksgiving...but that did not work out as planned. Fritz and I were then going to go to SC for Thanksgiving until he found out he has duty the Friday after so that was not going to work either(oh the joys of the AMRY LIFE). So after talking it all over with Fritz and my Parents we decided that Fritz and I would have Thanksgiving here in El Paso and then I would fly to SC on Friday! I have never cooked a Thanksgiving dinner so I was little nervous especially seems how we were having 5 other ppl over (single soldiers that could not go home). Luckily everything came out better than I expected! Below is the table before everyone started to fill up and after the 4 appetizers’ that we had been munching on!




Friday morning came....a day that my sweet Husband had not been looking forward to because I as going home to SC for almost 3 weeks!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The blog looks good girlfriend!! Love your header and signature :)

    ReplyDelete

background