Saturday we got up and got ready to go for a hike in the mountains, it was kind of chilly when we left but not too bad. We climbing all the way up to snow and ice on the ground...but it did not stop us!
This hike only took us about an hour and half so we decided we would go to the Mckelligon Canyon to walk and run. It is about 5 miles round trip but the fist 2.5 is up hill. At the top, you are at 4,780 feet elevation so it is butt kicker for sure! I love going there because it is one the few places that has a start and end point. My Mom and I ran the whole way back just in case we did not burn enough calories on the way up :)
When we got home we were hungry and wore out, we needed some rest before we got going again to the Outlet Mall to SHOP. Then we went out to dinner to another one of our favorite restaurants; BJ's. Mom loved it!
Sunday we went sightseeing around downtown El Paso. Places that I had not yet been to, we ended up driving the wrong way down a one way street, thank goodness everything was closed and there was no traffic! We also went the National Cemetery, to my work then just my Mom and I went to do more shopping while waiting for my oil to be changed. When Fritz's parents were here at Christmas they were very generous and bought us our first complete bedroom set. We still needed to pick out a bedspread and all of that jazz, so my Mom and I went searching, and found something that I loved and knew would not be too 'girly' for Fritz!
Thanks MOM :)
At the National Cemetery
Outside of my office
And our Master Bedroom almost complete!
I cannot wait for the next visit with my Mom and ANYONE else that would like to please come see me/us!!







Jennifer.. you need to blog more!! I LOVE reading your posts to get a little taste of how our life will be when we move on down there :)I can't tell you how excited I got when you mentioned outlet malls (I don't even have a Target!!) and big head sized Margharitas (to enjoy after baby arrives of course)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great trip with your mom! I hoping for some visits soon myself...
I love the monogrammed pillowcases! Glad you had such a nice visit with your mom. My parents will be here next month!
ReplyDelete